Series 500 Features & Options
- Each chamber includes opposing 10”-diameter glove ports and fluorescent lights (two chambers pictured above)
- Many gloves available, including one-piece neoprene (shown)
- Powder-coated steel stand with leveling feet
- Options include air locks, nitrogen purge controller, automated RH, dew point and oxygen level controls, ionizing module, and port caps.
Series 500 stainless steel glove box
|Size cm||W||D||H||Price £||Price e|
Prices are for glove box only, please add accessories below as required.
- Combines the full visibility of plastic glove boxes with the strength and processing capabilities of a 304 stainless steel chamber
- Transparent front and back panels (of either Static-Dissipative PVC or polycarbonate) feature opposing glove ports for easy manipulation of materials
- Large chamber size leaves plenty of clearance for bulky process equipment
- Versatile side flanges allow several units to be connected in series; also permit easy addition of air lock
- System options include ionizing equipment; process gas mixers, analyzers and heaters; and a remote filter/blower module for gas recirculating or exhaust fume purification
The Series 500 Full-View Controlled Atmosphere Chamber combines advantages of several other lines of glove chambers.
The Best of Both Worlds
Like our plastic glove boxes, it allows full visibility of operations in process, reducing the claustrophobic sensation that operators often experience when working with a stainless steel chamber. Transparent front and rear panels also allow easy modifications to suit particular requirements, such as custom sealed cut-outs for microscope optics, cameras, or other process equipment. Inlet/outlet ports can also be specified for connection of gas purge and humidity controls. Select either Static-Dissipative PVC, which resists many chemicals, eliminates static charges, and aids in particle controls, or polycarbonate, which resists heat.
Like our other stainless steel chambers, the Series 500 ensures a strong, static-safe design that is ideal for a broad range of controlled temperature and humidity tests in many gas environments. Its spacious size accommodates bulky equipment, and its side flanges allow the addition of air locks and also permit several units to be connected in series.
The front and rear panels are tightly installed using double-gasketed, compression seals. A fluorescent light fixture, cord and switch are mounted to the exterior of the chamber to ensure proper illumination without contaminating the internal environment or posing a combustion hazard in the presence of flammable gases. UV lighting is also available.
Convenient Access, Optimal Versatility
These chambers come standard with dual opposing arm ports (two in front and two in the rear) that can be used with any gloves designed for 10" round flanges (including Terra bonded or accordion-type gloves; order separately). Other glove port configurations, including iris glove ports, are also available on a custom basis.
Optional air locks help maintain the integrity of the controlled environment without sacrificing convenience. All air locks are pre-mounted to a side flange that is easy to install on the chamber; select air locks for right- or left-side installation. They minimize nitrogen loss and contamination inflow while parts are introduced or removed, particularly when equipped with their own gas controls. On a custom basis, air locks, can be ordered with dual mounting flanges to "cascade" several atmospheric chambers in series. All air locks include a .125" NPT pipe-tapped opening for connection of purge gas and a .25" NPT outlet to accommodate an Automatic RB® (Relief/Bleed) Valve.
Glove box extras
The Dual Purge and NitroWatch automatically control the internal RH [relative humidity] of the glove box providing a stable working environment whilst limiting gas consumption.
Air locks are designed to ensures a leak-proof environment that minimizes nitrogen loss and contamination inflow while parts are passed into and out of the glove box. "Knife" edges along the doors seat against recessed polyurethane gaskets.Plastic and steel versions are available.
These accordion sleeves, made of neoprene, can be used for any size and type of gloves. The convenient two-piece design lets you change glove sizes and types for different operators or applications without the expense of changing the sleeve itself. The corrugated section keeps the sleeve off the operator’s arm for better air circulation and greater comfort. Includes nitrile gloves. Glove Thickness: 18 mil.
A wide range of glove and iris ports in plastic and stainless steel. Replacement ports are also available.